Recent publications

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Issue 37: Artist Interview of Xenia Fiorenza Anong

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real name: Xenia Fiorenza Anong
Nick/Artist name: Xenia/Complicated Squiggles


When did you start and what made you start?
To be honest, I don't really remember when exactly I started. I think it was around when I started secondary school and was inspired by the impressive art I saw being posted on social media. The thing that finally pushed me to start was seeing my friend start posting her drawings online and being motivated to do the same.
Where does your inspiration come from?
It comes from many sources - mostly artists I follow on Instagram (ranging from stylised digital artists to realistic watercolour painters) and art I see elsewhere. I'm also inspired by things I'm a fan of, like shows and music, as well as daily life.


What is your best achievement?
I'd say my best achievement is the progress I've made along my artistic journey. Although it has not been quick--I unfortunately do not draw as often as I should because of art block and school commitments--looking back on my older art, the difference is evident and I'm quite proud of it.

Which is your personal favourite?
I can't choose a single favourite; all of them have parts that I'm not fully happy with and I'm trying to practice and improve more on these areas. I think that eventually I'll make something I can be proud of and call my favourite!


Who inspires you?
Other artists, and the people around me. I don't have a definite answer when it comes to this since I take inspiration from so many sources :')

Advice for aspiring artist?
Don't get too weighed down comparing yourself to others. Comparing yourself to others is normal, and can actually be a great source of inspiration. However, comparing too much will negatively affect you and discourage you. Instead, compare your present skill to your past so you can see how far you've come.
Don't give up--even if you have to take breaks due to art block or other reasons, come back afterwards with renewed motivation and inspiration to keep going.



- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!