Recent publications

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Issue 35: Cake Artist Interview of Wishing Upon A Cake

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist



Real name: Giselle Wang
Nick/Artist Name: Wishing Upon A Cake

When did you start and what made you started?
I wanted to personally make birthday cakes for my children but I wasn’t on good terms with flour and the oven, so I researched and became best friends with jelly instead. That was just a year back, and I got hooked onto jelly art ever since. Wishing Upon A Cake was then founded as an expansion of my hobby, and now my children get to design their own birthday cakes and I just need to make their dreams come true.



Where do you get your inspirations?
Music! I listen to soothing and romantic French music to get into the mood while piping the flowers, and I guess the vibes flowed onto my designs. And I started playing music during my workshops as well, hoping that my students will benefit from it too.


What is your best achievement? 
That’s probably when my creation is purchased by our local TV drama to be used on their show. As well as all the invites I get but have to reject due to time constraints, such as setting up a booth at a wedding exhibition, a stall at a carnival at Gardens by the Bay etc and even invitation for overseas collaborations.


Which is your personal favourite?
This is tough as I get excited each time I create a new design, and I have many many new ideas floating in my head but never got a chance to try them out yet. But I guess the most meaningful ones are those I make for my kids, so those will always be my favourite.



Who inspires you?
Definitely my children because I want to show them how a person can balance work and family and still chase her own dreams

Advise for aspiring artist:
Take your time to find your own style & then make it strong and unique. And always be excited about your own work; true passion will show in it.  Keep going, keep going, keep going, you can only get better.



Instagram: Wishinguponacake & wishinguponacake_sg 

- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK




@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!