Recent publications

Monday, December 10, 2018

Issue 34: Artist Interview of Zamsmail

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist


When did you start and what makes you started? 
I started doing art at a young age after getting inspired by the amazing illustrations in encyclopaedias which I got for my birthday. But I started doing it seriously when I got into Art school.

Where does your Inspiration comes from? 
My inspirations come from everyday life, even in the most mundane of moments such as commuting or walking around the city. Every once in a while, I meet interesting people, who would eventually become influences in my works.

What is your best achievement? 
I have exhibited a fair bit, but every commission work that I do, I consider an achievement, to receive such appreciation and support.



Which is your personal favourite?
If this refers to favourite works I have done, it would have to be the sketches I do on the go. As they carry memories of the moments and places they were conceived.





Who inspires you? People who inspire me range from master artists, such as Sargent, Hopper and Rockwell to the amazing artists I encounter everyday on Instagram and other social media platforms, also my ever-hustling creative comrades.


Advice for aspiring artists: Keep at it, do not settle, try all mediums and find ways to improve every single day.




- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!