Recent publications

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Issue 33: Artist Interview of Pamigraphy

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist
Real name : Pamela Soon
Nick/Artist name : Pamigraphy

What’s your background? 
I studied visual communication in Temasek Polytechnic, and I am currently working as a interactive designer. I do calligraphy during my free time! 
When did you start and what makes you started? 
I started learning calligraphy after I graduated from Polytechnic. I’m not very good at drawing so I really wanted to find something else I could do as a hobby. 
 
What is your greatest strength? 
I think it would be exploring different styles of calligraphy. I would try out different brushes or switch to traditional calligraphy and black lettering. 
Where does your Inspiration comes from? 
Music. I listen to a lot of k-pop, and I also get inspired by their lyrics, and also the bright colours and vibes of their music videos. Travelling out of Singapore also inspires me as a new environment always gives off a different feeling. 
What is the most challenging part about being an Artist? 
For me it’s getting creative block. Sometimes it’s just hard to create and find inspiration which results in me not posting regularly. Also I get lazy because I get so tired after work. 
What is your best achievement? 
When people comment and tell me that they like my work, and also receiving chances to collaborate or have an interview like this. It makes me feel like people appreciate and like my work :) 
What’s your favourite place to see art?

Online! Instagram, Pinterest, Behance etc. 

- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!