Recent publications

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Issue 32: Artist Interview of Vallee Art

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real Name: Valentina


Artist Name: Vallee.art

What's your background?
I'm from the tiny island Singapore! I started off drawing from I was 5 and studied traditional arts until the age of 16. After which I realized my passion for digital painting for games, I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a Diploma of Digital Media Design (Games), and I am currently working full-time in the game industry.
When did you start and what makes you started?
My parents had bought step-by-step / draw from simple shape books when I was young, I was able to learn really fast and I've just been sketching since then.
I had pretty much decided that I wanted to pursue art as my lifelong career when I was 12.
What is your greatest strength?
As mentioned, I would probably say that I can learn things fast, and I was able to quickly pick up a lot of techniques throughout my art journey.
Where does your inspiration come from?
It always changes! xD One thing I will always love doing is browsing art & crafts shops like Art Friends, PaperMarket or even the crafts section in Daiso. It doesn't really has to have any relevance to my work, but art ideas can be found anywhere.
What is the most challenging part about being an Artist?
Probably placing myself out there into the art scene/getting myself known. I've always been an introvert, so communication and networking is something that I need to work on constantly.
What is your best achievement?
So far, probably setting up a booth at an artist alley and selling my art xD This was a really big step for me.
 
What's your favourite place to see art?
As mentioned previously, art & craft shops! I would love visiting museums from time to time, but I don't always have the time for it, so art & craft shops are the most accessible for me.

- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!