Recent publications

Friday, March 16, 2018

Worldwide Artist Interview: Janet Wong

FEATURE BLOG: Worldwide Artist


Real name : Wong Li Yoong
Nick/Artist name : Janet Wong / Jeannine


What’s your background? 
I was born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Worked as secretary, real estate agent, stationery supplier and helping my husband’s computer company for many years. Many years ago, I loved to do knitting and crocheting. Later I fell in love of doing beading jewelries, therefore I started an online business at eBay. From beading until wire wrapping and now will like to do some upcycled projects too. I can say my jewelry are more on brave and bold and crazy styles, not many people especially ladies would love my art pieces. Many will be surprised to find out that I am actually 52 years old in 2018 but my craft jewelry don’t show it :P






When did you start and what makes you started? 
Year 2011. Just many crazy ideas running in my brain :P

What is your greatest strength? 
When people love my craft works and they always tell me to create more and this makes me move on.

Where does your Inspiration comes from? 
Everywhere and everything.

What is your best achievement? 
Don’t have yet,


Which is your personal favourite? 
The cat necklace (as per attached). I painted the eyes and cat on the wood beads and make those stray cats’ photos into resin, then wire wrapped it. I did that when one of the stray cats was sick. I have been feeding some stray cats, putting some for adoption and to take care of them when they are sick.


Who inspires you? 
My grandmother who loved to do sewing and knitting. She still did the knitting and sewing when she was 90 years old.


Advice for aspiring artist? 

Artists and craft people are normally the emotion types especially when your products can’t sell well and getting people around you criticizing your works not making money…  I will normally advise them to move on, be more positive and keep creating something new, never give up.  I always think if I die now, at least I have left something I made behind in this world and many are wearing or using them. 

 - - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK



@ARTFULLYSG



DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!