Recent publications

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Issue 18: Artist Interview of Chelsymomo

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real name : Chelsy
Nick/Artist name : Chelsymomo

When did you start and what makes you started? 
I started art since I was 6 years old. The reason why I started art is my sister. She isn't really good in art but whenever I saw her art class assignment, I always feel it's beautiful, just by a drawing, it made me feel pumped up and since then I always grab my pencil and have blank papers with me all the time.

Where does your Inspiration comes from? 
Originally, I draw whatever comes in my mind, art is free. Identically, mostly my inspiration comes from nature and music. Even thou I am barely step my feet out of my cage, I believe there's always a chance for me to explore the outside world, and I always monitor every little things when I am outdoor. I enjoy hard music like rock and industrial metal. Most of my arts are inspired by strong and melancholic lyrics. By transforming the words into arts, that's how I feel about art.

What is your best achievement? 
One of my best achievement is I won my first art competition in 2011. During my highschool, I achieved 5 winnings in art competitions. My honourable achievement was one of the band member of My Chemical Romance appreciated my logo fan art in October 2012.

Which is your personal favourite? 
My personal favourite is 愛のために (2) (illustrations)

Who inspires you? 
Gerard Way and Marilyn Manson as both of them are musician and artist.


Advice for aspiring artist? 
Art is a question mark, it should never be the answer, and artist is the one who tells the world the answer of art. Be yourself and make difference.

SUPPORT LOCAL ARTIST , FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG



DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!