Recent publications

Monday, January 2, 2017

Issue 12: Artist Interview of See and Saw!!!


FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist


His real name is Lim See, John

Nick/Artist name: See and Saw


When did you start and what makes you started?
 I started quite a way back in 1998, I started  due to a friend of mine whom intro me into the world of comics and manga. I was really fascinated about the storyline and character design, in the comics and manga I read. Slowly after that i started to develop a interest on creating characters and story that lead me to what I’m doing today.
Where does your Inspiration comes from?
Mostly are from looking at other people works, mostly work from children book illustration, manga , games and movies. Also I love surrealism maybe that where most of my inspiration come from.
What is your best achievement? 
Hmm.. I think it will be my first paid Children Picture book illustration I was commission for the funniest thing is I never expect myself to even have the change to illustrate for children books.

Which is your personal favourite?  
I have a few works that I really like, but if I would have to choose than it will be this piece. 

Who inspires you?
I’m inspire by a lot of artists on how they create interesting character and how they portray them, some are really quite well known artist some are artist i found when searching for inspiration. Some example like Tim Burton, Eiichiro Oda, Thai My Phung (Tamypu), Mattias Adolfsson, Jimmy Liao, Kim Min Ji and Prateep Kochabua. Actually there are still more but I can’t remember their name
Advice for aspiring artist?

Haha.. Just keep creating works that make you happy, and don’t worry about if you are good enough because if you really like what you do, you will get better in it.



SUPPORT LOCAL ARTIST , FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG

DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!