Recent publications

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Issue 2: Photographer Interview of Scintt / Jon Chiang



Photography by  Scintt/Jon Chiang

















His real name is Chiang Shun Jie Jonathan
Nick/Artist Name: Scintt / Jon Chiang

When did you start and what makes you started?

I started in 2008 during my JC days. My dad has been in the hobby since the film era, but I wasn't that into photography at that time. Then, he got the Nikon D80 DSLR, and that sparked an interest towards digital photography.

How do you find your inspiration?

Well, I get my inspiration mainly from the world-class landscapes you will find in National Geographic magazines, and also sites like 1x.com and Flickr. I also derive inspiration from local landscape photographers like Thomas Leong and Jonathan Danker.

What is your best achievement?


Competition-wise, I would say the iLight Marina Bay Photography Competition in 2012, where I clinched the top prize for the student's category. Feature-wise, I would say being selected to contribute to Getty Images through Flickr. However, I am happy enough should my photos of the landscapes in Singapore, particularly HDB-scapes, bring a smile to the viewer.

Which is your personal favourite?


I would say this shot: 





The elements all came together nicely for this minimalist shot, which I feel tells a very compelling story.


Who inspires you?

It would be Thomas Leong, a local minimalist landscape photographer whom I've learnt much from just by observing his works.

Any words or advice for aspiring artist?

Find and develop your sense of style, and keep persevering! Photography, like any other art, is a journey, and there's always something new to learn, so keep an open mind and don't be afraid to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!